EDAMAME TOFU TOAST
1/2 package Mori-Nu Edamame Flavored Silken Tofu, Firm (refrigerate remaining tofu)
2 slices of hearty bread like whole wheat or multi-grain
Choice of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, sauces, and spices (see recommendations below)
Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Cracked black pepper
1. Toast bread to preference.
2. With a fork, smash and spread tofu onto each slice of toast, dividing the tofu evenly between the 2 slices.
3. On one slice, layer the ingredients from the SAVORY ITALIAN list.
4. On the other slice, layer the ingredients from the SWEET STRAWBERRY list.
5. Serve immediately with a fork and knife!
For a Mexican version, layer diced tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and hot sauce.
For a Mediterranean version, layer grilled eggplant, grilled tomatoes, quinoa, olives, and tahini.
No need to heat or cook the tofu first, as all Mori-Nu Silken Tofu products are ready-to-eat straight from the box!
PLANT-BASED: This recipe uses only plant-based ingredients, however, check the label on bread as some breads do contain eggs and/or dairy.
GLUTEN-FREE: Choose gluten-free bread and check labels on other ingredients like sauces and spices for gluten information. Mori-Nu Edamame Flavored Silken Tofu Firm is Certified Gluten Free!
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE