Tofu Chocolate Silk Pie
YIELD: 9" pie
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12-14 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 package Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Organic
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Whipped cream
- Shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers to a fine crumb.
- In a medium bowl, mix crumbs with sugar and melted butter until well-incorporated.
- Pour crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly to form a crust. Use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to press down on the crumbs to create a tightly packed crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack before adding filling. Alternatively, make pie crust ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- To a blender, add all filling ingredients and blend until smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and refrigerate overnight until set.
- Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate before serving.
- Whipped cream and shaved chocolate can be added before refrigerating overnight if desired.
- Make this pie even better by adding fresh, sliced strawberries on top!
- PLANT-BASED: In addition to using plant-based butter and plant-based whipped cream, make sure to use plant-based chocolate, as some chocolates do contain milk.
- GLUTEN-FREE: We made this with gluten-free graham crackers! Mori-Nu Silken Tofu is Certified Gluten Free. Check labels on other ingredients.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE