Tofu Fried Rice
YIELD: 4 cups
- 1 package Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- Wrap tofu in a paper towel and let water drain, changing paper towels as needed. Do NOT press. After 5-10 minutes, unwrap and carefully cut tofu into cubes of desired size.
- While tofu is draining, make the sauce. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, then set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat, then carefully add tofu cubes and fry until brown on all sides, adjusting heat as necessary.
- Remove tofu from pan, then drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger, then sauté a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add carrots and celery, then sauté for another minute or two.
- Add cooked rice and the sauce, then stir-fry to evenly combine and heat through.
- Add fried tofu cubes and green onions, then stir-fry to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more green onions.
- Leftover rice is great for this. Break up lumps of cold rice with a fork before adding to the pan.
- Carrots and celery can be substituted with other veggies such as corn, peas, broccoli, etc.
- Veggies that take longer to cook can be added first, while other veggies such as leafy greens can be added with the rice.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE