YIELD: 3-4 pieces
- 1 package Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Lite Firm
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Steak sauce or sauce of choice
- Wrap tofu in a paper towel and let water drain, changing paper towels as needed. Do NOT press.
- After 5-10 minutes, unwrap and carefully cut tofu into slabs of desired thickness.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, carefully add tofu slices and sear until a crust has formed. Adjust heat as necessary.
- Carefully flip tofu over to brown on other side.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve hot with sauce of choice drizzled or on the side.
- Draining and drying the tofu before frying will help prevent oil splatters.
- Use a splatter screen for less mess.
- Tofu will shrink a bit after frying, so cut the slabs a bit thicker than the desired result.
- To prevent the tofu from sticking, make sure the pan is hot before adding the tofu and do not flip or move the tofu until a crust has formed.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE