Vegan Cranberry Orange Bread
YIELD: 9”x5” loaf
- 3/4 cup Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm, puréed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups baking flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, drained
- 1 cup cranberries, whole or halved
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- To purée tofu, process in a blender until smooth and no lumps remain. Use 3/4 cup for this recipe and refrigerate remaining tofu.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients including puréed tofu, then mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in cranberry sauce and cranberries until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle on top of cooled bread.
- Refrigerate leftover puréed tofu. Can be used for smoothies, chocolate mousse, and many other recipes!
- Fully cooled bread will be easier to slice.
- Leftover bread should be refrigerated. Deliciously moist when reheated in microwave!
- PLANT-BASED: This recipe uses only plant-based ingredients. Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm takes the place of eggs and gives this bread a moist crumb while adding plant-based protein.
- GLUTEN-FREE: We used gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour with great results! Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm is Certified Gluten Free.