Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
YIELD: 8”x4” loaf pan
What to do with overripe bananas? Make banana bread, of course!
This is the best recipe for chocolate chip banana bread. It’s moist yet dense with a caramelized, oven-baked crust and just the right amount of sweetness.
AND your vegan and gluten-free friends will love it! Mori-Nu Silken Tofu acts as an egg alternative in this vegan banana bread recipe, binding the ingredients together and adding moisture for that perfect banana bread texture. For a gluten-free banana bread, make sure to use gluten-free flour and check labels on other ingredients.
- 3/4 cup puréed Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- To purée tofu, process in a blender until smooth and no lumps remain. Use 3/4 cup for this recipe and refrigerate remaining tofu.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients including puréed tofu, then mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack before serving.
- Purée a full package of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm, then divide as needed for this recipe and other recipes.
- Refrigerate any remaining tofu.
- Bananas should be super ripe with brown spots on the peel, but not rotten.
- To mash bananas, simply peel them, then mash with a fork.
- Chopped nuts can be used in place of chocolate chips.
- Fully cooled bread will be easier to slice.
- PLANT-BASED: This recipe uses only plant-based ingredients. Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm takes the place of eggs and gives this bread a moist crumb while adding plant-based protein.
- GLUTEN-FREE: We used gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour with great results! Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm is Certified Gluten Free.
Leave a comment