Tofu Cauliflower Mash
YIELD : about 6 cups
- 1 package Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu
- Water for boiling
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives or dried herbs
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes until soft, then drain thoroughly and set aside to cool.
- To a small pan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Sauté garlic until browned.
- Add tofu to pan, then break it up into chunks and stir together with garlic. Turn off heat after a few minutes.
- To a food processor, add drained cauliflower, tofu-garlic mixture, salt, ground turmeric, and paprika. Process until smooth.
- Reheat in microwave if desired, and serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and chopped fresh chives or dried herbs.
- Carefully separate cauliflower into florets, rather than chopping into small pieces. This makes it easier to drain thoroughly, as excess water will result in a thinner mash.
- Cauliflower core and stems can be used as well.
- Do NOT use a high-speed blender, as it will over-process the cauliflower and make it too watery.
- Unless your food processor is designed for hot foods, let the cauliflower cool down a bit and heat the tofu only for a few minutes, before adding to the food processor.
- Ground turmeric and paprika create a buttery color but can be omitted.
- Try this vegan mashed cauliflower recipe with other spices and seasonings, such as cayenne pepper, curry powder, or onion powder!
- PLANT-BASED: This dairy-free cauliflower mash recipe incorporates the goodness of plantbased protein along with the benefits of postbiotic, prebiotic, vitamin D, and calcium from Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu.
- GLUTEN-FREE: Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu is Certified Gluten-Free! Check labels on other ingredients.