Tofu Banana Bread
YIELD : 9"x5" loaf
- 3/4 cup puréed Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu (refrigerate remaining tofu)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Banana slices
- Strawberry slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- To purée tofu, process in a blender until smooth and no lumps remain. Use 3/4 cup for this recipe and refrigerate remaining tofu.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients including puréed tofu, then mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, then top with banana and strawberry slices.
- Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack before serving.
- Purée a full package of Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu, then divide as needed for this recipe and other recipes. Refrigerate any remaining tofu.
- Bananas should be super ripe with brown spots on the peel, but not rotten.
- To mash bananas, simply peel them, then mash with a fork.
- Pecans or macadamia nuts can be used in place of walnuts.
- To prevent a soggy top, cut banana and strawberry slices thinly for garnish (about 1/4" thick), as they release a lot of moisture.
- Fully cooled bread will be easier to slice.
- PLANT-BASED: Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu is an excellent egg and dairy replacement in baked goods. It makes this banana bread moist while adding a nutritional boost.
- GLUTEN-FREE: We used gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour with great results! Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu is Certified Gluten Free