Virgin Tofu Strawberry Mint Mojito
YIELD : 5 cups of strawberry-mint purée for mixing with club soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 16 oz Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu (refrigerate remaining tofu)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 liter club soda
- Ice cubes
- Water for rimming glasses
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh fruit pieces
- To make the simple syrup, heat water in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, but do not boil. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Turn off heat and let cool completely before using.
- In a blender, add the first four drink ingredients plus half of the cooled simple syrup, then process until smooth and no lumps remain. Add more simple syrup to taste.
- Prepare the glasses by dipping the rims in about 1/4" of water, then dipping into sugar. Add ice cubes to each glass.
- Pour the strawberry-mint purée over the ice cubes until each glass is about 2/3 full. Fill the rest of the glass with club soda, then stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint and fruit pieces, then serve immediately.
- Simple syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in a glass jar until ready to use.
- Frozen strawberries can be used instead of fresh. Make sure to use a high-powered blender if not thawing the strawberries first.
- The ratio of strawberry-mint purée to club soda can be adjusted to taste.
- PLANT-BASED: Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu adds creaminess without the dairy, plus a nutritional boost, to your favorite recipes.
- GLUTEN-FREE: Our tofu is Certified Gluten Free!