Maple Pecan Donuts
YIELD : 6 donuts
- 3/4 cup Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu (refrigerate remaining tofu)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp maple extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and lightly grease donut pan.
- In a blender, blend all WET ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift all DRY ingredients together and whisk until well-mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Using a piping bag (no tip), carefully pipe the batter into each ring of the donut pan, to about 3/4 full, making sure to avoid the center.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until donuts are firm and spring back to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients.
- Lay parchment paper underneath a wire cooling rack.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto wire cooling rack.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, evenly spoon glaze on top of all donuts, allowing some glaze to drip down sides onto parchment paper.
- Donuts are best enjoyed immediately!
- Recipe can be doubled for a dozen donuts.
- In place of a piping bag, a large zip-top bag with the corner cut off can be used.
- Maple extract is optional but recommended to infuse the glaze with maple flavor.
- Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- PLANT-BASED: This recipe only uses plant-based sweeteners (no honey) and no eggs or dairy!
- GLUTEN-FREE: We used gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour with excellent results! Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu is Certified Gluten Free. Make sure to check the labels on the rest of the ingredients.