YIELD 16 pieces
- 1 package Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, more if needed
- Oil for frying
- Buffalo sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Wrap tofu in a paper towel to let water drain for about 5-10 minutes. Change paper towels as needed. Do NOT press.
- Unwrap and carefully cut tofu into 16 bite-sized cubes.
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a shallow bowl, add cornstarch and GENTLY roll one cube of tofu in the cornstarch until all sides are evenly covered, then carefully place tofu in the pan. Oil should be hot enough for tofu to sizzle on contact.
- Repeat with each cube of tofu, rolling in the cornstarch and then frying.
- Fry until cornstarch coating hardens to a crisp, then gently flip tofu to cook on all sides, adding more oil as necessary.
- Line a plate with paper towels. As each piece of tofu is done, remove from pan and place on plate to let excess oil drain onto paper towels.
- When all pieces are cooked and while tofu is still hot, in a large bowl, toss tofu with enough Buffalo sauce to evenly coat all sides.
- Sprinkle with optional sesame seeds and chopped parsley. Serve while hot!
- For a thicker, crunchier crust, gently pat on more cornstarch when rolling tofu cubes. If pieces of tofu break off, just press it back on along with cornstarch. The clumpier the coating, the better the texture when fried!
- Buffalo sauce comes in different levels of heat. If using a spicy Buffalo sauce, add a cool ranch dressing for dipping.
- PLANT-BASED: Make sure to use plant-based sauces, as both Buffalo and ranch typically contain dairy.
- GLUTEN-FREE: Cornstarch is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour. Just make sure to check for gluten-free on the label. Mori-Nu Plus Fortified Tofu is Certified Gluten Free!