Grilled Miso Cheese Tofu
1 package Mori-Nu Yuzu Flavored Silken Tofu, Firm
1 1/2 oz shredded cheese
1 1/2 tbsp pre-made white sauce
1/2 stalk green onion, chopped
SWEET MISO SAUCE
2 1/2 tbsp miso
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp sweet cooking rice wine (mirin)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ingredients for miso sauce. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds, pausing once or twice to stir the mixture well.
- Slice tofu horizontally in half. Using a paper towel, remove excess moisture.
- Place sliced tofu side by side in a baking dish. Spread miso sauce over tofu.
- Mix cheese and white sauce and spread over tofu.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes. Top with green onion for garnish.
To cook in a microwave, warm up tofu in the microwave first, then add miso sauce. Mix cheese and white sauce, then pour on top. Heat until cheese melts. The surface will not be crispy.
Add ground meat to miso sauce for extra heartiness.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE