CHOCOLATE YUZU GLAZED DONUTS
3/4 cup Mori-Nu Yuzu Flavored Silken Tofu, Firm
1/4 cup oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 flax "egg" (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup baking flour
1/2 cup almond flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup Mori-Nu Yuzu Flavored Silken Tofu, Firm (refrigerate remaining tofu)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Candy sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and lightly grease donut pan.
2. In a blender, blend all WET ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift all DRY ingredients together and whisk until well-mixed.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Using a piping bag (no tip), carefully pipe the batter into each ring of the donut pan, making sure to avoid the center.
6. Bake 13 minutes until donuts are firm and spring back to the touch.
7. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients.
8. Lay parchment paper underneath a wire cooling rack.
9. Remove donuts from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto wire cooling rack.
10. Once donuts are completely cooled, evenly spoon glaze on top of all donuts, allowing some glaze to drip down sides onto parchment paper. Sprinkle with optional candy sprinkles.
11. Donuts are best enjoyed immediately!
Recipe can be doubled for a dozen donuts.
In place of a piping bag, a large zip-top bag with the corner cut off can be used.
For a thicker glaze, add a second layer once the first layer of glaze has dried.
Instead of candy sprinkles, top with fresh orange zest while the glaze is still wet. The zest adds a sweet and fragrant flavor that enhances the yuzu and chocolate.
These donuts are soft and fluffy right out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool, so best to enjoy them right away!
PLANT-BASED: Mori-Nu Yuzu Flavored Silken Tofu Firm takes the place of eggs and dairy in this plant-based recipe while adding a refreshing yuzu citrus flavor that pairs well with chocolate.
GLUTEN-FREE: We used gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour with excellent results! All of our tofu products are Certified Gluten Free. Make sure to check the labels on other ingredients.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THE RECIPE